Friday 23 April 2010

It is Friday!

I am very, very, very excited today, because it is Friday - which means it is the end of the week - but also because at 5pm this evening, my Hen do is going to start. The theme is Parisian Chic; the colours: red, white and blue and I had to find some strippy tops. Such a cool theme! I still have a few hours to go ... Oh yes, I forgot to mention I still don't know where we are going, except that we are staying in England!

Also I have finshed the mystery project, and there is no sock in sight... Here are some pictures...






The pattern is by Liz Thopmson called the Berry Hill fingerless mittens and available for free on ravelry. It took me no time at all to knit the mittens in this gorgeous Mirasol Hacho yarn. I only used one skein (dpns 4mm).


I made a couple of changes. Because my hands are quite small, I casted on 36 stitches. I made one more repeat of the cuff pattern, and left aside 16 stitches for knitting the thumb. It is great for wearing mid-season or when I am jogging outside in the morning. And I do have them in my bag for this weekend!

Have a good weekend! Moi xxx

2 comments:

  1. I had thought it was a sock!! but fingerless mitts are way better. :D It looks so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By now the Hen do must be in full swing, amuse toi bien! J'aime beaucoup le theme, ce sera beaucoup plus chic que certaines Hen dos qu'ont peu croiser! xxx PS: Love the fingerless mittens- if only my knitting skills were more advanced!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them. I usually reply to comments, unless you are a nonreply- blogger.