Thursday 15 December 2011

Recommendations

I received a new Japanese crochet/knitting book in French (did you follow all of that) yesterday. I am seriously obsessed by Japanese craft books, and for once I could actually understand what they meant - sort of (as in it is not all in Japanese). This one is called 'Joli Fil de Lin'. I just had to have a go yesterday (yes I still need to finish Gingko), and make a little crochet snowflake coaster last night. It is so pretty. Although it is in French, the book is in fact divided between pictures and patterns (not written out though so you can follow easily even if you don't speak French).






Suite
au billet de la Poule, je suis hier devenue l'heureuse proprietaire de 'Joli fil de lin' et je me suis mise au crochet tout de suite (parce que j'ai le Gingko de Mamy et plein d'autres projets a finir). Mais le modele etait vraiment trop 'cute' et toute resistance etait futile. Et finir un projet en une heure est vraiment gratifiant en fait.. Meme si le livre est en francais, ce qui aide (en comparaison au japonais par exemple), les patrons ne sont pas ecrits en entier - une fois qu'on a deciphere (tant bien que mal) les schemas ca va beaucoup mieux..


What other project am I likely to make .. Autres projets qui vous verrez peut etre finis.



A spring/summer scarf



A head scarf - could be woolen one for skiing?



A necklace and bracelet (especially the bracelet)


It is a hit and miss with this book. There are projects for the house and accessories that are beautiful (simple and geometric, what else!) but the garnments are a bit strange, and I am unlikely to make them if I am honest - although I may learn a few new stitches. It is worth buying if you are into Japanese patterns - there are a few quick (gratifying) projects as well, otherwise there are probably models already available on Ravelry.



Je suis contente de mon achat, on trouve un peu de tout. Tout ce qui est pour la deco et 'bijoux' c'est super par contre j'ai trouve les modeles pour les vetements.. en fait pas trop a mon gout. Mais bon quand il est question des gouts et des couleurs.. A vous de voir. Par contre je recommande chaudement 'Impostures sur papier glace' de Catherine Rambert qui raconte la vie d'une redactrice-en-chef fictive de Super Star. C'est vraiment tres marrant, tres bien ecrit, et ca decrit le monde des 'beautiful people' et de Voici, Gala et autres glossy magazines.


Si vous achetez l'un des livres ou faites l'un des projets en crochet, faites moi signe..


If you buy the book/already made projects fromt he book, let me know, I would love to see them.

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the snowflake!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you made that snowflake so quickly - it's gorgeous!
    Emma xx
    http://www.gawgusthings.com
    @gawgusthings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them. I usually reply to comments, unless you are a nonreply- blogger.