Tuesday 26 July 2011

{Pouches and clutches - Buy it or Make it?} Noas' Libellule obsession

Hiya guys! Another Buy it or Make it feature.. And this one is very exciting. I am obsessed with bags, really. My 30th birthday present was... a bag (a Celine one, beautiful). When I got my first real job I bought myself a bag (a Gucci one)... This is the ultimate purchase that always makes me feel better..

Anyway there are many different types of bags, and today I am on the hunt for pouches and clutches. Personally I am not a fan of clutches because my HUGE purse does not fit in them. Pouches seem to be good compromise. Here is a collection of big and small pouches you could get out there ...


1. Carry-All Pouch, American Apparel; 2. Huxley stingray-trimmed leather clutch, Anya Hindmarch; 3. Grey Lazer Cut Suede clutch, Topshop; 4. Rose Wow Envelope Clutch, Accesorize; 5. Medium Animal-print calf hair pouch, Newbark; 6. Sloan oversized leather clutch, Michael Kros; 7. Feather Clutch bag, Asos; 8. Tan Leather Karma Embossed Clutch bag, Topshop; 9. Pyramid Metal Tip Clutch, Asos.



I am loving this selection, and that Topshop clutch bag will be mine - it is only a matter of time!


It may be hard to convince you to make your own, but you should check out the three DIY projects I lined up for you. There are seriously inspiring.


Firstly, that feather clutch from Asos. Forget about buying it, you should go and check out the very instructive blog of Anne at WobiSobi. She made hers from a feather duster (I knew they were useful for something), hot glue and a discarded bag she had, absolutely awesome!


I am sure you have come across this DIY project or others inspired by this one. Brooke at JustBBlog made this amazing pouch out of the American Apparel Carry-All and acrylic paint. She was inspired by a Celine pouch in a similar colour scheme. It should be on everyone's to-do-list. Go and check out how she did it on her blog.


Finally, I love this final project because it is an upcycling one. It uses those plastic bags we all tend to collect in our kitchens to make the most useful pouches. Lilly happens to have found a plastic bag with a really funky pattern on it - I want to know where she shops. My Sainsbury's ones are definitely not that cool (note to self, only shop where cool plastic bags are given). I can see me using the method of fusing plastic bags and making alternative fabric out of them. Just brilliant!


Did I buy it or make it? Well, I have not bought it... just yet but I will. Then again, I made this 'amazing' (M words not mine) pouch... and the tutorial is coming out tomorrow (available now)... So stay tune guys!


PS: Thanks again to all the bloggers who let me post their DIY projects! Guys you are awesome. And contact me if you have an obsession you want me to look at!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for including me in this line up of talented people. What great Ideas. I can not wait to try all of them.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all inspired now! And at the same time I'm quite happy to leave some things to the professionals ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that DIY celine pouch. I HAVE to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, love this post, and LOVE clutches! Thanks for sharing these project links!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your comment. your a sweetheart. Hey do you have a twitter account?

    ReplyDelete
  6. have you ever seen this etsy shop:
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/octopurse?ref=seller_info

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them. I usually reply to comments, unless you are a nonreply- blogger.