Friday 22 July 2011

Noas' Libellule {Painting the bedroom}

Hiya guys, guess what? It is Friday, hooray! I got to wear my sunglasses - YESSS!


Today's post is about my bedroom (well ours if we want to be precise). Sarah over at Modern Country Style started a new link party about anything to do with paint (she has already hosted one about our kitchen favourites). And we worked so hard on the colour scheme of this bedroom that I thought it was time for me to show it to you.


It is not the biggest one in our house, but it has the garden view. And what is the point of commuting and having a house away from the City (rather than a flat in central London) if I cannot see the garden. So it was decided a long time ago that the smallest double bedroom would be our bedroom.


Here are a few pictures of the state it was in at several stages of the renovation process. Sometimes it is good to be reminded of how bad it was at some point. Our main task had been to be sampling the paint (we already had the bed)... And to be fair our first choice (if M is reading this, I would like to remind him that this was not my first choice) was Wickes-Nickel. We changed our mind after lunch at a local pub (not drinking induced but because of their colour scheme). And went for Wickes-Pewter - the darkest grey.


I was convinced that we should go for a grey-sand palette - the bright yellow came later. The colour palette was allowing us to have a clean finish that is neither too masculine or feminine - but still cosy and relaxing. Somewhere to read or have a chat. The fact that the room is smaller than the other cosiness.

So here is our bedroom, as from yesterday as M hung my Cherry QAL quilt last night - just for this post (super sweet).



I also added the cushion I finished a month or so ago. The two table lamps are the Verner Panton Flowerpot lamps (available in loads of colours). The bedding is from Sheridan. And we bought 4 square floating sheves from Homebase (took M ages to put those up).

What do you think guys? Loving the colour scheme? Or is it a bit too much for you? I won't get offended... Hope you are all having a great Friday and have wonderful plans for the weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Not even one jot does it look too much (does that even make sense? My enthusiasm is getting the better of my grammar!!). IT's AWESOME!! I absolutely LOVE the grey with the yellow. Completely and utterly a) striking b) stylish and c) so on trend I'm slightly on awe!!

    Thank you so much for linking up to my Paint, Please link party.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful cozy room . . . and how clever to take the smaller room with a view.

    I am popping over from Sarah's great paint party. (Link #34)

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. trop beau!!!!! j'adore ce gris....bravo!!!! bon weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! I love the grey yellow combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them. I usually reply to comments, unless you are a nonreply- blogger.