Thursday 23 June 2011

Noas' Libellule {My kitchen favourites}

Sarah over at Modern Country Kitchen started a Kitchen Favourites Linky Party today! She has asked what were our 'Kitchen Favourites'.

After having spent a lot of time, effort, planning to redo our kitchen area, I think my two favourites things are: the open plan layout. M and I are able to talk and be in two different 'parts' of the living room; and the island as everyone gathers there. I read the newspaper in the morning here, I cook there, and it is a great storage space (behind the stools are all my cockery!), in fact we hardly use the dining table - it is all very clever! And you know what after 4 months of being in the new house, I am still amazed by it!




So what is your kitchen favourite?

5 comments:

  1. I'd LOVE to have an island space like yours one day, where everyone can sit and chat - or read newspapers!! You lucky girlie!! It sounds as though all your planning totally paid off!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think kitchens are wonderful places for people to gather, and your island is the perfect spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you can cook and see everything, it makes it not so lonely...I face the wall..ugh.
    Love your modern stools!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We also have a really open kitchen and like you I love it. It is awesome for parties and family gatherings. Your kitchen is huge! I love those bar stools. :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen is lovely! It has a nice clean modern look.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them. I usually reply to comments, unless you are a nonreply- blogger.