Wednesday 17 August 2011

{BELTS - Buy it or Make it?} Noas' Libellule obsession

Hiya guys! Happy Wednesday! And welcome to the wonderful world of B.E.L.T.S... I looooveee belts, they can colour, style of an outfit, make a statement... So here is my selection!


1. Add a splash of colour with the Whistle plaited rope, Asos; 2. A bargain skinny belt totally on trend, F21; 3. Show you love for animal print with this Fausto Colato Cavallino Leopard Print belt, My Theresa; 4. I love that pretty Burberry Prorsum Leather Wrap Belt, My Theresa; 5. Or buy a cheaper version with this Leather Obi Belt, Asos; 6. or the Buckled Elastic Belt, F21, 7. Splash out on this Etro Wide woven cotton-blend belt, Net-a-Poter; 8. Summery J Crew knotted belt, Net-a-Porter; 9. My favourite is the Day Birger et Mikkelsen belt, DAY.



This is my pinterest styling inspiration... I love the rock chick look of this Stockholm style shot (first picture).



There are some gorgeous items out there. But I am very excited about the beautiful {Make it} projects I found.



Mary at Craft Buds has made this lovely Fabric Wrap Belt. Her tutorial makes it sound very easy, so go and check it out. I love the colour she chose, it looks great with that dress!




For a different look, but oh so so cute result, here is the 100layercake ruffled belt. It would look great for a wedding, and would add un-je-ne-sais-quoi to any bland dress.


Finally the must-have of this season (I counted 5 people wearing one during my 10 minute walk to work this morning) - the skinny bow belt. Sarah's tutorial is bang on trend, and gives you easy steps to make your own!





So what is your favourite? I must admit I love my belts to be quite wide.. I do like some ruffles though, it could totally change the look of some of plainer dresses... OOOOhhh so many possibilities!!


4 comments:

  1. Funnily enough I got a couple of belt buckles in a charity shop last week-end.... Love these 3 tutorials, might have to make them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love big thick belts for my waist! I think 5 and 7 are my favorites :)

    XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post!! I tend to like skinnier belts but wide belts looks so cute with a plain dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love belts and I use the a lot, especially the obi-style on simple tunics. AS for your selection, my vote goes to: 2, 5 and 9. Thank you for flagging the tutorials!

    http://notjustaprettydress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them. I usually reply to comments, unless you are a nonreply- blogger.