Thursday 2 December 2010

Home inspiration 13

I have recently been looking at upcycling, as in using every day objects but not in their intended purpose (well that is how I define it...). I came across a lot of glass work (glass bottles becoming drinking glasses), but the light from this designer is quite different and vey affordable.

Thomas Stanley is a young designer with a lot of potential, well I think he does. He has made this desk light out of... beer cans. I don't drink beer, but I can easily have someone else a home to drink them for me... below is the black/Guiness version, but he can do a white version (Stella Artois). Very funky and very green! And I am sure someone will enjoy drinking them - especially if it is for the sake of design.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them. I usually reply to comments, unless you are a nonreply- blogger.