Thursday 2 September 2010

Home inspiration 4

I first fell in love with the so-called ‘Urchin Poufs’ in the Netherlands. They look so soft and cuddly. I knew then and there that they would be the perfect addition to my home.



Netherlands-based designer Christien Meindertsma, who works under the brand name Flocks, created the poufs by knitting on enormous needles, using her own hand-felted wool. The Urchin Poufs exist in different colours and different sizes. Poufs are very versatile as they can be used as extra seating, foot rests or even coffee tables. Imagine all these bright colours scattered around a room. You can also store them in a corner of a room.
I have not yet talked about the price tag... Let’s say it may explain why I don’t have one (yet) in my living room. However if you are a keen knitter, Pickles in Norway offer you the chance to knit your own Puff Daddy pouf with a free pattern. I may have a go at extreme knitting... Has anyone tried?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't knit one myself, but have been eyeing the projects on Ravelry. I think there are even several pattern versions. It'd be a pity to waist great yarn on this. It should be able to stand loads of use round my home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted to try the giant knitting needles for ages, since first seeing them at the K&S show at Alexandra Palace years ago. The only thing that's put me off until now is the sheer quantity of yarn required... but those poufs are deliciously tempting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them. I usually reply to comments, unless you are a nonreply- blogger.