Thursday 5 August 2010

New home inspiration

Not sure I mentioned this but a week after we came from our honeymoon we put an offer on a house that was accepted. We are nearing (I hope) the lengthy legal process and should be able to get the keys at the end of the month, unless the structural survey says there is something really wrong with the house... We are planning quite extensive work on the house (make it an open plan kitchen/living room, changing the heating system, maybe adding a conservatory...). So needless to say we will not have a lot of money left (as in none) to actually buy any new furniture.


So we are looking for inspiration for decoration, soft furnishings etc. So I thought I could share with you what is inspiring me for decorating the new house - and hopefully I will be able to show you how it translates when I am trying to copy their style.

This week (well it has been a while now) I got really inspired by
Anna Carrington. Who would have thought of sewing thousands of pearl buttons to make up the Queen's head in 'psychedelic disco colours'? Anna did. Surely, this is a girl after our own hearts. She uses unusual material (safety pins, knives, forks) making sure that 'objects have got more than one life'.


I love her choice of materials, these objects we all use everyday to make beautiful pieces of art. I am sure all of you will be inspired too.

2 comments:

  1. congratulations on the new house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I'm sure you'll be able to find all kinds of fun things for the new place ... and thanks for sharing such a cool link!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them. I usually reply to comments, unless you are a nonreply- blogger.