Wednesday 17 November 2010

And one Christmas present blocking...

Not so long go I discussed my Autumn project, the shallowtail, and the lovely yarn I was using. Here are new pictures of how I got on!



I knew I did not have enough yarn, probably from the start, but add a left over skein from M's scarf. It adds a bit of drama I think... right up my Grandma's street.


I have made a fw changes, made the budding lace repeat longer (17 repeats), made te lily of the valley border smaller (6 rows of nupps instead of 5 and 5), and made the lace border one row longer. You may be able to see what I mean below. I love the colours!

5 comments:

  1. I love the contrast between the two yarns! And the lace design is so intricate. This is just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, I love the contrasting border!! And that main colour is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BEAUTIFUL! I so love it. The contrast edging is perfect and ... oh it's just so pretty. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! The colors look perfect together and that yarn is so nice and shiny. I'm with Jane: pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's absolutely beautiful, thank you so much for letting me see what you made from my yarn :)

    Kirsty.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them. I usually reply to comments, unless you are a nonreply- blogger.