Thursday 18 November 2010

Home Inspiration 12

Another very clever website - the Victoria and Albert Museum Patchwork Pattern Maker. At the site, you can upload a photo and turn it into your own quilt pattern! You can also look around the gallery and see what others have done. Print out your pattern, choose your fabric and you are ready to go.

There is one pattern from the gallery that really stood out for me. Here is the original picture.


Here is the patchwork pattern version (which in fact I prefer to the original picture):



Pretty cool, right! I am wondering if you could not use the pattern for cross-stitch too... Here is another nice pattern (well I think).


Free software + easy to use + more possible crafts = a very happy creative me!

4 comments:

  1. Very cool!! There are some amazing things with modern quilting these days, it's so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a great idea! I am, frankly, intimidated by quilting even though my mom is brilliant at it. Something about having to cut and sew such straight and careful lines scares me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that hand print. Really cool. It'd be a very nice quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, that's pretty darn awesome! Thanks for sharing ... you such find great crafty links!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them. I usually reply to comments, unless you are a nonreply- blogger.