Tuesday 22 November 2011

Inspired by French films

French TV is installed at home, and I am one very happy person - except when I end up on dubbed American/British TV. I tend to lipread rather than focus on the French dialogues, and at the end I get really confused. I talk usually about my inspirations, but when an American blockbuster (ie The Tourist with Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp) is inspired by a French film (Anthony Zimmer with Sophie Marceau and Yvan Attal), I reckon it deserves a post (and an excuse to talk about my French TV addiction). Here is the trailer (bad bad video, but I am sure the train scene is going to look familiar).



Nous avons finalement installé le cable français!! 13 ans ici, et c'est la première fois que j'ai accès facilement à la télé française. Oui çà me manquait - ce qui est assez surprenant comme tenu de la qualité de certains programmes, mais passons .. Tout çà pour vous dire que je viens finalement de trouver le film français à l'origine de The Tourist (çà a sûrement été traduit) avec Angelina Jolie et Johnny Depp.. Anthony Zimmer avec Sophie Marceau et Yvan Attal - les scènes du train sont très similaires. Et çà vaut le coup d'un petit clin d'oeil de ma campagne anglaise.



The French version is seriously less glam.. I was trying to think of other European films that have been turned into major Hollywood productions but sometimes you just don't know. Anything spring to mind guys? Vous vous souvenez d'autres films européens qui ont été refaits à la sauce holywoodienne - je sais qu'il y en a plein d'autres mais pas moyen de m'en souvenir?

Inspiration is everywhere..

2 comments:

  1. True lies, 3 hommes et un couffin sont les deux qui me viennent tout de suite a l'esprit. On n'a pas la tele ici, alors je me rattrape quand je retourne en France, et oblige mes parents a regarder des programmes tres tres betes.

    Je suis pareille pour les films doubles, j'ai du mal, et quand je dis ca j'ai l'impression d'etre une horrible snob.

    Hope your holiday was fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, it is more a 'teenage movie', or at least I used to love it when I was in high school, but I loved "Mon père, ce héros". In the American version there is still Gérard Depardieu, but the movie is really bad...Hope your holidays went well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them. I usually reply to comments, unless you are a nonreply- blogger.