Thursday 3 February 2011

Home Inspiration 18

This post was not at all going to be about this company (I wanted to talk about furniture, not blankets... but I cannot help it).. I could not resist. Look at those creations, the designs I am knitting at the moments seems suddenly very... ordinary.



The Icelandic company responsible for this fancy desings is
Vík Prjónsdóttir which continues to knock out fresh stuff, in particular I’m loving their new blankets.

The layering of this Shield of Wings (pictured) and the anchored Sea Blanket is lovely.

Check out the scarf as well!!! Ok that's a bit OTT for me, but someone out there may be interested?

Well that is food for thought for my next project...

A later addition: Coninuing with the Icelandic theme, I recommend Rosa Candida written by Audur Ava Olafsdottir. It would make you love roses and maybe a simpler life. Bonus, it looks great on your bookshelves.


2 comments:

  1. haha who would have thought there were so many creative takes on the blanket haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blankets are crazy in a good way! Also, thanks for the book tip! (It's so pretty.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them. I usually reply to comments, unless you are a nonreply- blogger.