So I mentioned - in passing - that I did not really like it... So why, oh why making one? Well Mum used to go a bit heavy on the mustard, and I thought I could improve on this... Less mustard, first and some mozzarella on top second to soften the taste a bit.. So here is the revisited recipe.
You are going to need:
- Puff pastry (but you can try with shortcrust as well) - I buy puff pastry, cannot bring myself to make it.
- 5/6 big tomatoes, thickly sliced
- Mustard (of course)
- Mozzarella (optional)
- Olive oil and herbs.
How do you do it??
1) Blind bake your puff pastry to avoid the base to go all soggy (not a good look guys!)
2) Mustard up the base of the tart - how much you want to put is up to you, I personally spread it quite finely..
3) Arrange (nicely) the tomato slices
4) Add some mozzarella on top (or in slices in between some tomato slices)
5) Add some herbs (Herbes de Provence will do) and olive oil on top. Et voila!
6) And in the oven - 200 degrees, for about 15 minutes (I think, was watching the Xfactor so did not pay a lot of attention).
Easy cooking for everyone... and you get to watch the Xfactor as well. What else do you want? Hope you all had a great weekend, and having a Happy Monday!
Let me know if you try to recipe...