Wednesday 22 February 2012

Place mat tutorial

 The Valentine's Day place mats I mentioned last Wednesday are finally finished! I was not sure about the binding and in the end used the colour of the writing. The pink fabric is from Summersville available at Etsy


Finished! 
 So how did I write the quote on the linen fabric and followed the Wit and Whistle tutorial. Here is what you need: 

  • Linen fabric
  • Fabric Marker Pen (Sharpie pen)
  • Letter stencil




I would advise you to put pages underneath...






Here we are.. Simple really. Let me know if you are making one!


It is Wednesday... Just... SO I am linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced. Placemats are finished, yeah! I can move on to the next quilt - involving shirts and upcycling, more on this next week...





5 comments:

  1. Love the stenciling idea! And yes, you totally should go to Istanbul, and then I'd love to hear all about it!

    http://nomadic-d.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweetie!
    I discovered your blog while peeking at others and I am totally hooked by it - beautiful, well organised, interesting...qualities I certainly associate to your character! I would like to invite yhou to visit my blog as well and maybe you'll follow if it pleases you. I'm already following yours!

    wish you the best
    kisses
    http://cottoncandy-peaches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Lu Summers fabric, I must treat myself to some. I'm also making a picnic quilt with my old work shirts- won't need them after Tuesday - yipeeeeeeee. It will be good to compare the 2 quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The idea is so nice and I loved the quote you chose: fun and sweet at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aahhhh love this!! Such a simple and cute idea :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them. I usually reply to comments, unless you are a nonreply- blogger.